Gaming Forum
Hi there Guest, welcome to Gaming Forum! Gaming Forum is a nice community where we discuss all sort of things; Gaming, Music, Movies, Anime, Etc. If you are a guest, then you can't really do much...all you can really do is read this message. But if you are a member you can; post in topics, explore all of the forums, reach many ranks, earn points to buy stuff, make some friends, play some arcade games, and MORE! So what are you just doing sitting there? Join Today! Oh and tell your friends.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gaming Forum
Hi there Guest, welcome to Gaming Forum! Gaming Forum is a nice community where we discuss all sort of things; Gaming, Music, Movies, Anime, Etc. If you are a guest, then you can't really do much...all you can really do is read this message. But if you are a member you can; post in topics, explore all of the forums, reach many ranks, earn points to buy stuff, make some friends, play some arcade games, and MORE! So what are you just doing sitting there? Join Today! Oh and tell your friends.
Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disgaea 2 Dark Hero Days

2 posters

Go down

Disgaea 2 Dark Hero Days Empty Disgaea 2 Dark Hero Days

Post by Code Seven Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:53 am

I haven't made a review in a while so....

For the Past week or two i've been addicted to a game which portrays a unique style of gaming as well as many comedic stylings performed by the one and only prinny squads Disgaea 2 Dark Hero Days Prinny-thrown Disgaea 2 Dark Hero Days Prinnies404 This game is none other than DISGAEA 2 DARK HERO DAYS!

Disgaea 2 Dark Hero Days Disgaea-2-Dark-Hero-Days-Front-Cover-12744

The game is a psp remake of the original game Disgaea 2 Cursed Memories, nevertheless its story remains intact with a few changes in it's details as well as gameplay. Anyhow it is a sequal to the game Disgaea Afternoon/Hour of Darkness. but that's beside the point. Now Onto the story!

The game takes place in a fictional land called Veldime, however you start off in holt village Disgaea 2 Dark Hero Days 5-D2-00012

This village as well as the whole land of veldime is under
OVERLORD ZENON'S CURSE where humans are turned into demons slowly losing their conscience. One human however named Adell Disgaea 2 Dark Hero Days Adel is unaffected by this curse, therefore aims to defeat OVERLORD ZENON turning his family back to humans.

Early on in the game they attempt a summoning ritual in order to hasten the process however quickly failed [img:3398]http://lparchive.org/Lets[Play/Disgaea2/Update%201/24-D2-00054.png[/img:3398] Disgaea 2 Dark Hero Days 28-D2-00059 instead summoning the Overlord's Daughter named Rozalin. Adell having made an oath in the summoning ritual is now bound to her. well it's either that or he dies. but you get my drift. Soon after that begins a journey full of Wild enemies, Drama and Penguins. OK then that's enough spoiler let's move on to the main portion of the review shall we?

Gameplay: First off have you ever played final fantasy tactics before? if so you should be somewhat familiar with the gameplay mechanism. for those of you unfamiliar with this i'll tell you.

This game utlizes a turn based sort of chess movement gameplay kind of style. I'm not talking turn based as in final fantasy 7 or 10. Oh no this one is completely different. Here's a picture to prove my point: Disgaea 2 Dark Hero Days 12-D2-00025

You start off with one character from the base panel now you choose where the character moves. If the character you have chosen moves next to an enemy you have the option of.

A. attacking that enemy
B. Defending
C. Lifting
D.Using an Item
or E. Using a skill

After you have chosen a specfic command simply select execute by pressing the TRIANGLE button and scrolling down. which will then follow through. If you need a more detailed version than what i can provide here's a video: