Gaming Forum
Hi there Guest, welcome to Gaming Forum! Gaming Forum is a nice community where we discuss all sort of things; Gaming, Music, Movies, Anime, Etc. If you are a guest, then you can't really do much...all you can really do is read this message. But if you are a member you can; post in topics, explore all of the forums, reach many ranks, earn points to buy stuff, make some friends, play some arcade games, and MORE! So what are you just doing sitting there? Join Today! Oh and tell your friends.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gaming Forum
Hi there Guest, welcome to Gaming Forum! Gaming Forum is a nice community where we discuss all sort of things; Gaming, Music, Movies, Anime, Etc. If you are a guest, then you can't really do much...all you can really do is read this message. But if you are a member you can; post in topics, explore all of the forums, reach many ranks, earn points to buy stuff, make some friends, play some arcade games, and MORE! So what are you just doing sitting there? Join Today! Oh and tell your friends.
Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you believe that the PS2 sold over 101K units last month??

5 posters

Go down

Can you believe that the PS2 sold over 101K units last month?? Empty Can you believe that the PS2 sold over 101K units last month??

Post by videogamescv Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:46 pm

Hardware Sales, February 2010
Nintendo DS 613.2K
Xbox 360 422.0K
Wii 397.9K
PlayStation 3 360.1K
PSP 133.4K
PlayStation 2 101.9K

Very interesting to see that the PS2 is still selling over 100k console units considering the original plan was to discontinue it the middle of last year! Maybe thats why they removed the compatibilty from the PS3?

Sharon from Video Games CV

videogamescv
Nice
Nice

Female
Country : Can you believe that the PS2 sold over 101K units last month?? Flag_c12

Back to top Go down

Can you believe that the PS2 sold over 101K units last month?? Empty Re: Can you believe that the PS2 sold over 101K units last month??

Post by Mr. PBJ Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:58 pm

Is that chart worldwide? What is your source for this, because it's kind of hard to beleive the DS sold more than the Wii,360, and PS3...
Mr. PBJ
Mr. PBJ
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male
Job/Hobbies : PS3, My Laptop, My DS
Mood : Happy
Name : Daniel L.
Country : Can you believe that the PS2 sold over 101K units last month?? Flag_u12
Game codes : PSN: Peanut_94

Back to top Go down

Can you believe that the PS2 sold over 101K units last month?? Empty Re: Can you believe that the PS2 sold over 101K units last month??

Post by videogamescv Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:29 pm

Hi There,

These are figures for the US taken from an article on MCV. Further information:

Hot on the heels of news that Microsoft’s Xbox 360 enjoyed its best ever February in the US last month, Nintendo has announced that its twin-screened portable has managed the same feat.

The DS sold 613k units in the time period – its previous best February was in 2009 when it sold 597k machines.

Interesting !!!

Sharon at Video Games CV

videogamescv
Nice
Nice

Female
Country : Can you believe that the PS2 sold over 101K units last month?? Flag_c12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. PBJ Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:49 pm

Damn, but the DS sold over 150K More than the 360... that's a lot... for such a crappy console (unless you get a Flashcart, that is...)
Mr. PBJ
Mr. PBJ
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male
Job/Hobbies : PS3, My Laptop, My DS
Mood : Happy
Name : Daniel L.
Country : Can you believe that the PS2 sold over 101K units last month?? Flag_u12
Game codes : PSN: Peanut_94

Back to top Go down

Post by videogamescv Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:07 pm

The interesting thing is that the PS1 continued to sell 4 years after the launch of the PS2 and was only discontinued when the slimline PS2 was released.

videogamescv
Nice
Nice

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by bob8972 Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:43 pm

Can you believe that some people pay $10,000- $40,000 for certain old rare games? But why would anybody buy a PS2 if they have a PS3.

If you were given the choice to ether have a free PS2, PS3, or Atari 2600, then I would defiantly choose the Atari 2600. I already have a PS2, but just saying if I didn't have one, I rather get a PS3.
bob8972
bob8972
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Job/Hobbies : Bagger at a shitty grocery store
Mood : Fearless
Name : James
Game codes : XBL Gamertag- FINALLYsomebody
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/someguywithnipples

Back to top Go down

Post by pikachumasterbrad12 Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:38 pm

My bro's atari is in my father's old room where his mom lives aka my grandmother and I have never played it but, I'll eventually try it out. But, yeah I don't see any reason to buy a ps2 now.
pikachumasterbrad12
pikachumasterbrad12
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Job/Hobbies : playing video games, jumping on a trampoline
Mood : Sad
Name : Bradley
Other Site : youtube.com/BradleySodaFreak
Game codes : Codes are for chumps!

https://www.youtube.com/BradleySodaFreak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rukiafan Wed May 25, 2011 6:36 am

The PS2 is still selling pretty well as last month 58,000 units were sold in the U.S. Shocked

Rukiafan
Rukiafan
Lover
Lover

Male
Mood : Surving the Web

http://wiiwarewave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down