Gaming Forum
Hi there Guest, welcome to Gaming Forum! Gaming Forum is a nice community where we discuss all sort of things; Gaming, Music, Movies, Anime, Etc. If you are a guest, then you can't really do much...all you can really do is read this message. But if you are a member you can; post in topics, explore all of the forums, reach many ranks, earn points to buy stuff, make some friends, play some arcade games, and MORE! So what are you just doing sitting there? Join Today! Oh and tell your friends.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gaming Forum
Hi there Guest, welcome to Gaming Forum! Gaming Forum is a nice community where we discuss all sort of things; Gaming, Music, Movies, Anime, Etc. If you are a guest, then you can't really do much...all you can really do is read this message. But if you are a member you can; post in topics, explore all of the forums, reach many ranks, earn points to buy stuff, make some friends, play some arcade games, and MORE! So what are you just doing sitting there? Join Today! Oh and tell your friends.
Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donkey Kong & Mario Bros on 3DSWare

4 posters

Go down

Mario Donkey Kong & Mario Bros on 3DSWare

Post by KingNintendo Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:33 am

Two games that are both fun to play on-the-go, and have never been touched in terms of full-blown remakes (except maybe Donkey Kong '94.) Nintendo should totally revamp these two arcade classics with new graphics, updated sound, and extra features on 3DSWare. Here's my ideas for what these should be like if they ever see the light of day:

Donkey Kong 3D Edition

Graphics: The graphics are similar to New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and classic 8-bit style can be unlocked after achieving a certain score. Both graphic styles are presented in full 3D, with barrels seemingly popping out of the screen, and the depth making it feel like a little construction-site playset.

Music: The soundtrack is redone with a mix of 8-bit chiptunes and techno vibes. The classic 8-bit music can also be toggled in the pause menu to play instead of the new theme.

Gameplay: The new gameplay style allows Mario to move slightly faster, to jump a bit higher, and to climb ladders at a quicker pace. There are also new levels added in along with the originals from the arcade version.

Extras---

Luigi Mode

After achieving a certain score, a mode is unlocked that allows the player to replace Mario with Luigi, and to replace Pauline with Princess Daisy. Luigi moves faster, jumps farther, but climbs ladders slower.

Princess Peach

After beating the game once, you can choose to replace Pauline with Princess Peach.

Bowser

If a player manages to beat Donkey Kong 3D Edition with a score above 500,000, the option to replace Donkey Kong with Bowser is unlocked. Instead of hurling barrels, Bowser shoots fireballs and throws rolling Koopa shells.

Mario Bros. 3D Edition

Graphics: Mario Bros. is also redone with NSMBWii graphics, and the 8-bit style can be unlocked with a certain score.

Music: A new orchestrated/jazz soundtrack comes into play, along with the original theme song that can be toggled in the pause menu.

Gameplay---

Mario: Basically the same except running speed is increased.

Luigi: Slides a bit after stopping, but jumps higher than Mario.

Extras---

? Block Mode

After achieving a certain score, the POW Block can be replaced by a ? Block from Super Mario Bros, and a random power-up comes out whenever it is hit. The Block can only be hit three times.

Gorilla Mode

In this unlockable mode, the Shellcreepers and Sidesteppers are replaced by barrels thrown by Donkey Kong from a hovering platform. Players must hit the barrels from underneath to break them, and make their way to the top to hit Donkey Kong's platform three times. After each hit, the player is sent back to the bottom and they must make their way back up again. After landing all three hits, the level is beaten. Beating the game in Gorilla Mode unlocks this mode:

Mario Bros. 2

After unlocking everything beforehand, a sequel to Mario Bros. is unlocked. The gameplay involves stomping on Shellcreepers and Sidesteppers, picking them up and throwing them into pipes to dispose of them. 100 levels of turtle throwing, crab kicking fun are at your disposal in Mario Bros. 2.

Any ideas for a 3DSWare remake?

KingNintendo
Beginner
Beginner

Male

Back to top Go down

Mario Re: Donkey Kong & Mario Bros on 3DSWare

Post by bob8972 Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:38 am

KingNintendo wrote:Any ideas for a 3DSWare remake?

Hmmm I dunno. I don't really plan on getting the 3DS since I haven't really been playing my Nintendo DS. It's been over a year since I've actually sat down and played on it. I think Super Mario Bros. 3 would be bad ass to remake into 3D, besides that, I don't know what else..
bob8972
bob8972
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Job/Hobbies : Bagger at a shitty grocery store
Mood : Fearless
Name : James
Game codes : XBL Gamertag- FINALLYsomebody
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/someguywithnipples

Back to top Go down

Post by KingNintendo Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:48 am

Have you seen The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D?

Donkey Kong & Mario Bros on 3DSWare Gohma11

Donkey Kong & Mario Bros on 3DSWare Ocarin10

Donkey Kong & Mario Bros on 3DSWare Skullu10

Donkey Kong & Mario Bros on 3DSWare Dodong10

KingNintendo
Beginner
Beginner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by silksofsweden Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:18 am

yeah i heard about it and its totally kick ass. its one of my favorit zelda games and its awesome that they remake it
silksofsweden
silksofsweden

Male
Job/Hobbies : collage
Mood : Music
Name : david moradi
Other Site : http://www.naruto-arena.com/profile/ice9/
Game codes : 2622-9874-2387

https://www.youtube.com/user/silks7?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by MarioStar Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:51 pm

Honestly, I can't freaking wait for LOZ:OOT on 3DS. It looks so awesome!!!
MarioStar
MarioStar
Super Ultra Mega Gamer
Super Ultra Mega Gamer

Male
Job/Hobbies : School.
Mood : Dancing
Name : Sean
Other Site : www.twitter.com/SeanFinlay

http://twitter.com/#!/SeanFinlay

Back to top Go down