Gaming Forum
Hi there Guest, welcome to Gaming Forum! Gaming Forum is a nice community where we discuss all sort of things; Gaming, Music, Movies, Anime, Etc. If you are a guest, then you can't really do much...all you can really do is read this message. But if you are a member you can; post in topics, explore all of the forums, reach many ranks, earn points to buy stuff, make some friends, play some arcade games, and MORE! So what are you just doing sitting there? Join Today! Oh and tell your friends.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gaming Forum
Hi there Guest, welcome to Gaming Forum! Gaming Forum is a nice community where we discuss all sort of things; Gaming, Music, Movies, Anime, Etc. If you are a guest, then you can't really do much...all you can really do is read this message. But if you are a member you can; post in topics, explore all of the forums, reach many ranks, earn points to buy stuff, make some friends, play some arcade games, and MORE! So what are you just doing sitting there? Join Today! Oh and tell your friends.
Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The end is near...

+5
MarioStar
Mr.Pokemon
silksofsweden
Mr. PBJ
bob8972
9 posters

Go down

The end is near... Empty The end is near...

Post by bob8972 Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:38 am

Quick question.

Where are my members? Where are the posts? Where all are of the new members that I was promised months ago by having a "custom" url?

"My Face when I go on Gaming Forum after school"
The end is near... 12867210

Guys, Gaming Forum is getting closer and closer each day to dying. We have less members going on (To those of you who actually still come on every day or every other day and make a few posts, thank you), less than 10-15 posts are made every day, none of my Administrators, Graphic Designers, and only 2 of my Elite Members and 1 Moderator is still coming on. I have also noticed that for the past couple of months, less and less posts and topics are being made. I even took into consideration and taking my moderation and rule enforcements to a whole new level to keep Gaming Forum cleaner, and nicer for other members, but when I finally decide to, Gaming Forum starts to become inactive.

Number of new topics for the last 5 months (As of October 14, 2010)
Month/ Topics
Jun 2010/ 5
Jul 2010/ 23
Aug 2010/ 11
Sep 2010/ 18
Oct 2010/ 5

Number of new posts for the last 5 months (As of October 14, 2010)
Month/ Posts
Jun 2010/ 1638
Jul 2010/ 1208
Aug 2010/ 1049
Sep 2010/ 691
Oct 2010/ 206

In June we had a good amount of posts made. In July we had 400 less posts made, but still enough. In August we had 200 less posts made since July, but that is an ok amount. But in September, we didn't even manage to get 700 posts, that means 300 less posts were made since August, and now it is mid-October, and we only have a little over 200 posts.

I have lately however noticed that we are getting a bunch of new members, but as you guys can see, 90% of them just advertise and spam with a link to that persons website, or game, we remove the link, lock the topic, move it to the trash forum, and ban the member. I am getting sick of that routine. 9% of them don't even posts or go on, and 1% of them actually make a few posts, but don't come on anymore. I have completely just given up on advertising, nobody joins anymore, and I doubt anybody ever will. Even if you decide, "Don't worry Bob, I'm going to try and get some people to join the forum." I would appreciate that, but please don't bother, you won't get anybody to join. If you do, then that's great, but I doubt the person is actually going to come on. You also need to watch who you show the forum, don't want to get any bad members to join. Nobody wants to actually join Gaming Forum and make actual posts that aren't spam, advertising, or off-topic anymore.

Also as of today, Gaming Forum is 980 days old. You can see that and the other statistics here. I would love Gaming Forum to AT least reach 1000 days if possible. I will not let Gaming Forum end before then. But when Gaming Forum does turn 1000 days old, and we are becoming even more inactive, and to the point where not one person goes on Gaming Forum anymore, then I will sadly close it. The forum will be on a permanent maintenance (Well it probably won't last forever, but it might though) with a goodbye message, thank you to certain members, appropriate song, etc.

I really don't want this to happen, so guys, please prevent it from happening.

I just wanted to say that, let it out, and show you guys how I feel about Gaming Forum right now.

Thank you for reading.

~bob

Last edited by bob8972 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:10 am; edited 3 times in total
bob8972
bob8972
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Job/Hobbies : Bagger at a shitty grocery store
Mood : Fearless
Name : James
Game codes : XBL Gamertag- FINALLYsomebody
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/someguywithnipples

Back to top Go down

The end is near... Empty Re: The end is near...

Post by Mr. PBJ Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:05 am

I log in everyday after school. The place is so dead there are no interesting posts to reply to, so I just log off. That's the main reason this is my first post in weeks. And an idea to get members: Why don't you spam random YouTube users' Inboxes like you did when the forum first started?
Mr. PBJ
Mr. PBJ
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male
Job/Hobbies : PS3, My Laptop, My DS
Mood : Happy
Name : Daniel L.
Game codes : PSN: Peanut_94

Back to top Go down

Post by bob8972 Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:09 am

Mr. PBJ wrote:I log in everyday after school. The place is so dead there are no interesting posts to reply to, so I just log off. That's the main reason this is my first post in weeks. And an idea to get members: Why don't you spam random YouTube users' Inboxes like you did when the forum first started?
I have done that recently, it doesn't work anymore, EVER! Even if the person says they are interested, or will join, they don't.
bob8972
bob8972
Administrator
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. PBJ Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:16 am

If you close down the forum, I'm starting a new one. And making you admin. :3
Mr. PBJ
Mr. PBJ
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male
Job/Hobbies : PS3, My Laptop, My DS
Mood : Happy
Name : Daniel L.
Game codes : PSN: Peanut_94

Back to top Go down

Post by silksofsweden Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:04 am

if this is really the end, if the gaming forum going down then so be it. i will go down with it as well. no matter what im gonna stay until gaming forum stays. i stay loyal to gaming forum. i remember when i first time entered here it was full of energy. im crying of whats happened to gaming forum. pls people come back
silksofsweden
silksofsweden

Male
Job/Hobbies : collage
Mood : Music
Name : david moradi
Other Site : http://www.naruto-arena.com/profile/ice9/
Game codes : 2622-9874-2387

https://www.youtube.com/user/silks7?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Pokemon Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:14 am

o i dont want gaming forum 2 end i try to post every day Very Happy
Mr.Pokemon
Mr.Pokemon
Beautiful
Beautiful

Male
Job/Hobbies : School, playin xbox 360.
Mood : Eager
Name : Mac
Game codes : Xbox It Is Gibbonz

Ps3 snackshack

Back to top Go down

Post by MarioStar Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:05 pm

Dude , no need to take drastic measures.

We will all try our damnedest to get this place back to the way it was. Hopefully more posts/topics will be started.

We will have to get the ball rolling again.
MarioStar
MarioStar
Super Ultra Mega Gamer
Super Ultra Mega Gamer

Male
Job/Hobbies : School.
Mood : Dancing
Name : Sean
Other Site : www.twitter.com/SeanFinlay

http://twitter.com/#!/SeanFinlay

Back to top Go down

Post by pikachumasterbrad12 Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:35 am

Mr. PBJ wrote:I log in everyday after school. The place is so dead there are no interesting posts to reply to, so I just log off. That's the main reason this is my first post in weeks. And an idea to get members: Why don't you spam random YouTube users' Inboxes like you did when the forum first started?

This is pretty much the same for me. The reason why I don't enjoy coming on here as much is there is nothing all that interesting to reply to. I rarely make topics and when I do I essentially do it for nothing, which is a turn-off for me. Trust me like James said that will not work anymore. Haha I have no clue how James found me randomly on youtube. Cause I didn't know any other member here till I came here. I'm gonna try to post more than I have in the past month, which isn't much.
pikachumasterbrad12
pikachumasterbrad12
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Job/Hobbies : playing video games, jumping on a trampoline
Mood : Sad
Name : Bradley
Other Site : youtube.com/BradleySodaFreak
Game codes : Codes are for chumps!

https://www.youtube.com/BradleySodaFreak

Back to top Go down

Post by StarDust Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:22 pm

hi there guys and sorry late reply i guess but....

Guess i will be back cant let Friends and there site go down so i guess i will be back now ^^ and i have some free time too so *high five* all Very Happy
StarDust
StarDust
Extreme
Extreme

Male
Job/Hobbies : Student, Gaming Maniac [LOL], video editing [a litte on anime]
Mood : Playing Guitar
Name : Pein
Other Site : Youtube,
www.youtube.com/users/devilshayne

Deviantart
http://true-sasuke.deviantart.com/
Game codes : *-Sup3r_Night-* only for S4 league when online

http://www.genesis.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bob8972 Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:19 am

Hey guys thanks for coming back on, you don't have to. But if you do and stay, then thanks. 160 new posts have been made since I made this topic.
bob8972
bob8972
Administrator
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by StarDust Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:28 am

Well maybe some of us is already thinking about staying and it's maybe there own decision so heh most is there
StarDust
StarDust
Extreme
Extreme

Male
Job/Hobbies : Student, Gaming Maniac [LOL], video editing [a litte on anime]
Name : Pein
Other Site : Youtube,
www.youtube.com/users/devilshayne

Deviantart
http://true-sasuke.deviantart.com/
Game codes : *-Sup3r_Night-* only for S4 league when online

http://www.genesis.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:27 pm

I think a part of the problem (only a part) is that bob lacks confidence. If the creator of the damn site goes around saying "ohhhh we're dying i'm so emo", how in the hell is anybody else supposed to have some confidence in the site and be on here?

Again, I know I've said this before, but it's tough being young and owning a website. Adults know how and when to give up, and would rather face a problem rather than just guilting everyone into coming back on the forum when it gets a little inactive.

Part of the attraction people would have to this site is that fact that it is run by a teen, and that makes them feel like they can connect with the admin and sort of bond with him. But it takes more than just a member-to-admin bond to keep a site alive and running.

If you really want to keep the site running, you need to stop making all these whiny "end of the site" threads and work your ass off to keep it alive. If you care about the site enough, that shouldn't be a real problem.

Gather up some mature people, come up with some good ideas for the site, and give it one last try. If that doesn't work, then you know it's time to cut the chord. That's my suggestion.
Fred
Fred
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by silksofsweden Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:24 am

ok fred first of all i would not speak so about bob if i were you and second what do you know about adults? you are 15 year old (teen) so you are not adult yet. now even if you were adult what makes you think all adults works that way. everyone has a diffrent personality that is unique. those members who still comes to this forum comes because we like this forum and also to talk to each other not because bob tells us to do so. and i would like to say one last thing bobs posts are not whiny so stop that crap now. if you think this forum has alot of whiny posts then dont come here. cause the only one who whines now is you
silksofsweden
silksofsweden

Male
Job/Hobbies : collage
Mood : Music
Name : david moradi
Other Site : http://www.naruto-arena.com/profile/ice9/
Game codes : 2622-9874-2387

https://www.youtube.com/user/silks7?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by bob8972 Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:25 am

Fred wrote:I think a part of the problem (only a part) is that bob lacks confidence. If the creator of the damn site goes around saying "ohhhh we're dying i'm so emo", how in the hell is anybody else supposed to have some confidence in the site and be on here?

Again, I know I've said this before, but it's tough being young and owning a website. Adults know how and when to give up, and would rather face a problem rather than just guilting everyone into coming back on the forum when it gets a little inactive.

Part of the attraction people would have to this site is that fact that it is run by a teen, and that makes them feel like they can connect with the admin and sort of bond with him. But it takes more than just a member-to-admin bond to keep a site alive and running.

If you really want to keep the site running, you need to stop making all these whiny "end of the site" threads and work your ass off to keep it alive. If you care about the site enough, that shouldn't be a real problem.

Gather up some mature people, come up with some good ideas for the site, and give it one last try. If that doesn't work, then you know it's time to cut the chord. That's my suggestion.
I have confidence, and don't. But it's hard to keep a site running with a few people going on. Also I don't really see how I was crying or complaining. I was just stating that Gaming Forum is dying, letting people know how it is, and to try and get people to come back on. I have gotten Stardust, an old member who I didn't expect to come back actually did a week after making this topic. I've also kind of got Bradley to come back on, but he told me why exactly he hasn't been coming on, and it's because nothing more interesting to post in.

Just not doing anything when a site is dying, not saying anything, or not reminding old members of the site really won't help. Just sitting there won't do much.

You are also a teen...actually, Facebook says I'm older than you. But I do think sites who are ran by adults become more successful. However, I know you don't like the site, a lot of people don't, but Moot, creator of 4chan, started 4chan when he was only 15. Now today the site is very popular, and one of the most visited websites that gets over 100,000+ posts a day. So anybody can really make a site, age doesn't have to do with much if that person knows what he or she is doing.

I do care, I've been caring, I've always cared. But when asking a bunch of people if they want to join the forum and they never do or ever will won't help much. I mean it used to work, but now my response is always ether,
"What's a forum?"
"Yea I like video games."
"No I don't."
Yes, I'm on it and will join!" (Most people who tell me they will join don't)
But who says I've given up hope? I kind of have more faith than I did when I made this topic. If you actually came on, you would of known what I was talking about. I have taken more enforcement in the rules, and even made a new 5 word rule (That doesn't apply only in 5 topics) to make less spam. Yes I know, "Forums Games, Music, this topic, that topic,Randomness, and every other forum is spam and shouldn't have the post count in those forums." Well just encase you suggest that again, Forumotion does not have that feature. People have suggested it to be made before, but I don't see them doing it soon. If it did, I will not count the posts count in only the Forums Games and maybe just Randomness. Not sure yet. But I'm not deleting anything because you told me too, I know it's spam, if you don't like it, don't post there. If you don't like the forum, don't come on, I'm not forcing you too. But if you do want to come on, you can, and I would appreciate that.

I don't think I'm going to try to make another suggestion right now, because when suggestions are made, nobody uses them. (example: Battle Arena, Points, Achievements/Trophies/Medals.) That lottery thing kind of work out at the beginning, but not a lot of people bought tickets after the second time to get more points that they don't use for anything.

Thank you for your post and suggestion.

silksofsweden wrote:ok fred first of all i would not speak so about bob if i were you and second what do you know about adults? you are 15 year old (teen) so you are not adult yet. now even if you were adult what makes you think all adults works that way. everyone has a diffrent personality that is unique. those members who still comes to this forum comes because we like this forum and also to talk to each other not because bob tells us to do so. and i would like to say one last thing bobs posts are not whiny so stop that crap now. if you think this forum has alot of whiny posts then dont come here. cause the only one who whines now is you
Well I had to disagree with Fred with some of the stuff he said, but he can have an opinion just as long as it's not, "BOB IS STUPID, GAY, AND GF SUCKS!!!!1!111!!!!" I've had members say that...well make posts kind of like that but with worse spelling, and grammar. You are also true about him being 15 also, but I think he agrees that all people should be older to run sites, I guess. I don't think it matters if the person knows what he or she is doing.

Silks pretty much said what I kind of wanted to say. The people who do come on, still apparently care about the forum just as much as I do which makes me kind happy. I don't force anybody to come on anymore. Well I don't think I ever did, but I did just tell people and remind them about the forum, but I don't know if I was being pushy about it. If I was, sorry. But I don't think Fred is whining...I don't think anybody is whining really.

Also thank you for your post. bigsmile

~bob
bob8972
bob8972
Administrator
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:01 am

bob8972 wrote:I have confidence, and don't. But it's hard to keep a site running with a few people going on. Also I don't really see how I was crying or complaining. I was just stating that Gaming Forum is dying, letting people know how it is, and to try and get people to come back on. I have gotten Stardust, an old member who I didn't expect to come back actually did a week after making this topic. I've also kind of got Bradley to come back on, but he told me why exactly he hasn't been coming on, and it's because nothing more interesting to post in.

Just not doing anything when a site is dying, not saying anything, or not reminding old members of the site really won't help. Just sitting there won't do much.

You are also a teen...actually, Facebook says I'm older than you. But I do think sites who are ran by adults become more successful. However, I know you don't like the site, a lot of people don't, but Moot, creator of 4chan, started 4chan when he was only 15. Now today the site is very popular, and one of the most visited websites that gets over 100,000+ posts a day. So anybody can really make a site, age doesn't have to do with much if that person knows what he or she is doing.

I do care, I've been caring, I've always cared. But when asking a bunch of people if they want to join the forum and they never do or ever will won't help much. I mean it used to work, but now my response is always ether,
"What's a forum?"
"Yea I like video games."
"No I don't."
Yes, I'm on it and will join!" (Most people who tell me they will join don't)
But who says I've given up hope? I kind of have more faith than I did when I made this topic. If you actually came on, you would of known what I was talking about. I have taken more enforcement in the rules, and even made a new 5 word rule (That doesn't apply only in 5 topics) to make less spam. Yes I know, "Forums Games, Music, this topic, that topic,Randomness, and every other forum is spam and shouldn't have the post count in those forums." Well just encase you suggest that again, Forumotion does not have that feature. People have suggested it to be made before, but I don't see them doing it soon. If it did, I will not count the posts count in only the Forums Games and maybe just Randomness. Not sure yet. But I'm not deleting anything because you told me too, I know it's spam, if you don't like it, don't post there. If you don't like the forum, don't come on, I'm not forcing you too. But if you do want to come on, you can, and I would appreciate that.

I don't think I'm going to try to make another suggestion right now, because when suggestions are made, nobody uses them. (example: Battle Arena, Points, Achievements/Trophies/Medals.) That lottery thing kind of work out at the beginning, but not a lot of people bought tickets after the second time to get more points that they don't use for anything.

Thank you for your post and suggestion.

Well I had to disagree with Fred with some of the stuff he said, but he can have an opinion just as long as it's not, "BOB IS STUPID, GAY, AND GF SUCKS!!!!1!111!!!!" I've had members say that...well make posts kind of like that but with worse spelling, and grammar. You are also true about him being 15 also, but I think he agrees that all people should be older to run sites, I guess. I don't think it matters if the person knows what he or she is doing.

Silks pretty much said what I kind of wanted to say. The people who do come on, still apparently care about the forum just as much as I do which makes me kind happy. I don't force anybody to come on anymore. Well I don't think I ever did, but I did just tell people and remind them about the forum, but I don't know if I was being pushy about it. If I was, sorry. But I don't think Fred is whining...I don't think anybody is whining really.

Also thank you for your post. bigsmile

~bob

See that's the problem. You can't just keep pulling this "I'm letting people know how it is" crap. Because what you're really trying to do is guilt everyone into coming back on the site. Sure, that will get a couple of people back, but they aren't going to be dedicated for very long. The fact remains that the site isn't built well enough to support a large member base. (it's got poor leadership, a weak forum layout, and nothing that would make someone say "hey this site is really unique and different, I like it more than all of the other 29081749823 video game forums).

Again, I'm not talking age but maturity. I used the term adult because I thought it would be safe to assume most adults are mature.

4chan may be successful, but in reality it is a stupid spam-filled craphole. I'd be more proud of what you have here at gaming forum than the kid who made 4chan. He didn't know what he was doing when making it, and that's why it is so spammy and immature. He allowed immaturity to rule the site.

I'm not saying I don't like the forum, I think you have some good people with good hearts here, you just need a rude awakening. I'm active on a couple other forums, and I actually spend time making detailed topics and posts there because I know I will get intelligent and appreciative responses there rather than just the "oh yeah i like that too, it's cool" that I would get here. Your new 5 word rule will help them lengthen out their pointless reply, but it will still be pointless.

I know I may seem rude and out of line, but I'm really just trying to help. You can either take my advice and make one last effort to keep this forum alive by getting better leadership and maturity around this place, or you can let it continue how it is until it runs straight into the ground.

Fred
Fred
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by pikachumasterbrad12 Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:44 am

Fred wrote:I think a part of the problem (only a part) is that bob lacks confidence. If the creator of the damn site goes around saying "ohhhh we're dying i'm so emo", how in the hell is anybody else supposed to have some confidence in the site and be on here?

I'm sure you know so much about what other adults do. I also don't remember this forum being "a little inactive" just saying.

I don't really see how James is whining like you said.
pikachumasterbrad12
pikachumasterbrad12
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Job/Hobbies : playing video games, jumping on a trampoline
Mood : Sad
Name : Bradley
Other Site : youtube.com/BradleySodaFreak
Game codes : Codes are for chumps!

https://www.youtube.com/BradleySodaFreak

Back to top Go down

Post by Acdude Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:04 am

pikachumasterbrad12 wrote:I don't really see how James is whining like you said.
lulwut?

Look at the title of this thread dude. Look at the picture bob posted to show "how he feels when he logs onto gaming forum"
Listen Bob, you can't do much with such little money a 15 year old kid has. Even popular forums are dying, and they spend over $100 a month for new features and ways to keep their members happy. You do give us updates, but you expect so much with them. You want everyone to be active once you do. Now, I'm not saying they don't help, but they definitely won't get new members.
This site: http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/ needs about $500 every month to get the forum up and running. But look at what they have, a nice shoutbox, an arcade, servers big enough for nearly 400,000 members.
Now don't go out spending money on this stuff, because you're going to regret it. You can't do much on a Free Board.

Oh, and I like the new layout of the site. But uh, the banner doesn't match at all. Maybe use Black and Green colors...the red is just out of no where.
Oh, and it doesn't matter where I was and why I was inactive. I think I told you in the post above.

Acdude
Gamer
Gamer

Male
Name : Blake
Other Site : http://www.wiipals.net/
Game codes : Here we go...

Wii: 5203-4491-2676-4395
MKWii: 4167-4891-7083
Mario Strikers: 107484 251141
SSBB: 2449-7849-7042
GH3: 116084523180
GH4: 0946-5552-8060
GH5: (Wii friend code)
CoD5: 0216-4898-0123
AC:CF: 3738-3018-4228
The Conduit: 4297-0754-2940

Pokemon Diamond: 2535-0175-3686
Pokemon Platinum: 3867-4279-4849
MKDS: 180522011827
AC:WW: 1547-6801-6364

PS3 ID: bfam1

Back to top Go down

Post by bob8972 Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:00 am

Acdude wrote:
pikachumasterbrad12 wrote:I don't really see how James is whining like you said.
lulwut?

Look at the title of this thread dude. Look at the picture bob posted to show "how he feels when he logs onto gaming forum"
Listen Bob, you can't do much with such little money a 15 year old kid has. Even popular forums are dying, and they spend over $100 a month for new features and ways to keep their members happy. You do give us updates, but you expect so much with them. You want everyone to be active once you do. Now, I'm not saying they don't help, but they definitely won't get new members.
This site: http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/ needs about $500 every month to get the forum up and running. But look at what they have, a nice shoutbox, an arcade, servers big enough for nearly 400,000 members.
Now don't go out spending money on this stuff, because you're going to regret it. You can't do much on a Free Board.

Oh, and I like the new layout of the site. But uh, the banner doesn't match at all. Maybe use Black and Green colors...the red is just out of no where.
Oh, and it doesn't matter where I was and why I was inactive. I think I told you in the post above.
Thanks for the suggestion, I never really even planned to spend $500 on a bunch of unnecessary things like that.

But really how old is this topic, 3 months?

Topic Locked
bob8972
bob8972
Administrator
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum